Monday, February 20, 2012

Cost Summary

Here I'll track all expenses of the trip. My general thoughts are in the post "Money" - I won't be paying for accommodation and hitchhike quite a bit. Food is not on the list, because generally I don't spend much more on it traveling than if I were at home. I also don't include expenses during the 2 weeks sightseeing in Los Angeles and Hong Kong, since that wasn't part of the essential challenge. The basic idea is to show that this challenge was doable for almost anyone in the rich Western world - if you had the time.

- 460,43€ flights Amsterdam-Los Angeles-New York-London
- 10,91€ (14$) entrance fee for 2 years for the amusement park USA (ESTA visa waiver processing fee)
- 2,08€ (2,75$) bus LAX-Adam and Eva
- 2,27€ (3$) bus Peter-LAX
- 2,79€ (5$) bus+PATH Newark-Manhattan-Newark
- 18,38€ (14,99 pounds) flight Stansted-Leipzig
- 36,99€ flight Leipzig-Rome
- 440,54€ flights Rome-Hong Kong-Muenchen
- 84,98€ flights Paris-Athens-Berlin
====
 1059,37€ total
(that's before leaving for stage 2, so some costs for buses in Rome, Hong Kong, Geneva, Paris and Athens will be added later)

No comments:

Post a Comment