Monday, February 6, 2012

The Challenge

So far, I've created my travel challenges for myself. Hitchhiking one year from Buenos Aires to Mexico City 2001/2. Hitchhiking around the world in the quest to find 1,000,000 members for Hospitality Club 2002. Trying to go with our peace bus from Germany to Iraq just before/during the Iraq War 2003. Hitchhiking to all game cities during the World Cup 2006 when there was a game that day. Using Ryanair's free flight promo in Europe to the max 2007. Getting to Antarctica as cheaply as possible 2010.

Until 3 days ago I had never realized that they were all challenges and that I had a knack for them. Then I found out someone had uttered another explicit challenge: Damien Hirst - visit all 11 galleries in 8 cities (Beverly Hills, New York, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Geneva, Rome, Athens) where he's exhibiting his spot prints right now and "receive a signed spot print by Damien Hirst, dedicated personally to you".

Racing around the world to get a piece of paper? Ok, it's a piece of paper from one of the most famous and maybe richest artists of our times. And apparently similar pieces of paper sell from 3,000 to 50,000$. Still, pretty crazy. That's why I loved it the minute I discovered it. Challenge accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment