Friday, March 2, 2012

I love Hong Kong!

Sitting down at the harbour on my last evening after a week spent in this city I have to admit: I really came to love Hong Kong. I spent 10 minutes in the gallery, and most of the rest of my days here roaming the city - just the way it should be. The scenery is awesome - it's a lot like New York, just bigger, with mountains and lots of Chinese people in the streets ;-)

I especially loved wandering through Mong Kok - according to Wikipedia and Guiness the world's most densely populated area. Whereever I'd turn my head there was something interesting to see - people, shops, signs, all kinds of market streets. I hadn't been to Asia in 5 years, and I realized I really missed the vibrancy and energy. I'll write about different aspects of my week here (Marco's paradise island Lamma, my Hospitality Club hosts Sid and Yat Ming, the gallery) later.

So yeah, I haven't really found time to updated the blog in the last couple of weeks, the traveling was fast and hectic, and even the week spent back home in Germany over Viola's birthday was eventful. I'll hammer out a lot of posts once I finish the trip. From here it's on to Munich tomorrow, then hitchhike to Geneva, from there hitchhike to Paris the next day, then flying to Athens and finally a flight back home to Germany a week from now.

Below a picture of the sight I have in front of my eyes this very moment - Hong Kong skyline at night across the harbour. In a minute I'll catch a ferry over there, and then another one to the island of Lamma where my friend Marco is living. His baby girl Lorelei was born on Monday and he needs help repainting his mold-infested appartment before mom Camilla and Lorelei come home - so that's what I'll do during my last night in Hong Kong and then go straight to the airport from there.

1 comment: